Welcome to Driveways & Sidewalks Guide
Homemade Deicer For Concrete Driveways Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
Affordable Home Improvement with Stained Concretefrom:
When it comes to home improvement, one of the most affordable options is stained concrete. It is one of the most affordable and accessible ways to dress-up that slap of concrete on the sidewalk or patio. Stained concrete is a great way to create a customized appearance to your home and take advantage of an existing concrete sidewalk.
If you have concrete sidewalks around your home, consider staining them for an updated look and greater visual appeal. The following tips and ideas will help you decide how to choose the color that best suits your needs. Keep these tips in mind as you consider stained concrete for your sidewalks:
1. Concrete is very porous and it is a neutral color that is easily transformed into a beautiful spectacle with the proper products and tools.
2. Concrete staining requires the use of chemical stains which enables you to create beautiful, colorful products. When stained, these products resemble other materials including marble, natural stone, and other surfaces.
3. Stained concrete is very functional in addition to being magnificently beautiful.
4. Stained concrete is very luxurious and rich looking – making it look like you’ve spent much more than you actually did!
5. Color choices are not unlimited and they mostly come in earth tones that include browns, tan, blue-green, and terra cotta. The hues of each color are what makes them so special and beautiful.
6. Refinishing an existing sidewalk with stained concrete is a good option. The process requires an overlay of polymer-modified overlay. It can be upgraded by adding color or patterns.
7. To update or overlay a concrete sidewalk, the existing sidewalk must be in good structural condition. If it has large cracks or other damage, it may not be a possibility. Be sure to have this evaluated thoroughly before you spend money on the process. Resurfacing is not the answer to sidewalks with cracks, water problems, and other issues.
8. Existing concrete sidewalks can be infused with color to brighten and enhance them. It requires the use of chemical stains especially prepared for this purpose. You can get even darker colors and more vibrant color by using concrete dyes.
9. Most concrete dyes and stains are suitable for indoor or outdoor use. It’s important to check and make sure before applying to an uncovered, outdoor sidewalk. Some manufacturers do not recommend their dyes or stains for outdoor use so check the manufacturer’s instructions and usage recommendations.
10. You will most likely need to apply a clear sealer after a newly stained or dyed concrete application. This will help preserve the color and quality of the surface.
Before you assume that you have no choice other to endure the dull, drab appearance of a gray sidewalk, look at options for concrete staining. Sidewalks are not only a functional feature of your home, but they should be aesthetically pleasing as well. Concrete staining is one way to turn them from blah to stunning.
Homemade Deicer For Concrete Driveways News